Saturday, April 19, 2014

FC Dallas loanee Cobi Span getting in rhythm

Photo: OCSC 
By Mike Gramajo

SANFORD, Fla. — One week. That’s all it took. 

One week in which Orlando City’s Cobi Span took to get into rhythm, and his focus is now on breaking into Adrian Heath’s starting XI. 

“That’s a goal,” Span told the OSJ during Saturday’s practice at the Seminole Soccer Complex. “Whenever I get my starting chance I’ll to give it my all and whenever I get into the game, I just want to work hard.” 

The FC Dallas loanee scored the game winner last week during Orlando City’s 1-0 victory over Charleston Battery. That followed by getting recalled to his parent MLS club where he joined their reserve side during inter-league play, which saw Span assist the 1-0 game winner over Oklahoma City Energy FC earlier in the week. 

Span told the OSJ that he should be set to go when Orlando City embarks in a two-game road trip with Toyota Stadium up first when the Lions face off against his home-Dallas side on Tuesday. The Déjà vu for the midfielder will continue when he will meet once again the Energy FC next week, a game he said he feels comfortable going into. 

“All the traveling and all the playing with different teams is mentally draining. I’m trying to get back, and be ready to go on Tuesday,” he said. “I know both teams, so it gives me an advantage and to know what I’m facing. Oklahoma City, I just played against and had an assist, so I know how both teams are.” 

While it isn’t clear if Span’s performance in the past week has influenced Heath’s starting XI, consistency, which is happening now, may play a factor in the starting lineup. 

OCSC head coach Heath wasn’t present during Saturday’s practice since he was in Uruguay scouting talent and watching games via team source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment